TechnologySeptember 19, 2022 2023-04-24 14:07
Next-Gen PCO Air Purification.
Puraclenz uses an evolved form of photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) used to improve indoor air quality for astronauts at the International Space Station. Puraclenz deactivates viruses, bacteria, mold, fungal allergens, and other harmful pathogens in the air and on exposed surfaces. Puraclenz is the most technologically advanced PCO air and surface puriﬁcation design available in the marketplace. Welcome to the future of clean.
Puraclenz Continuously Cleans Air and Surfaces 24/7.
PCO technology has been used to purify air and exposed surfaces for more than 40 years in numerous commercial applications. Puraclenz advanced the power of PCO technology with our patented cell design. Puraclenz generates an exceptionally high density of ozone-free ions to deactivate indoor pollutants without producing any harmful byproducts.
Using air as a medium to deliver ions allows Puraclenz to clean pollutants exposed to the air and hard-to-reach exposed surfaces missed by hand-cleaning or HEPA filters.
For example, when someone coughs or sneezes in a room being treated with conventional air purifiers, such as HEPA filters, micro-organisms must move through the space back to the fan unit, where they are collected by a filter.
Because Puraclenz doesn’t require circulation through a filter, it’s able to deactivate pathogens mid-air next to people in the room.
Destroys a full range of pathogens at the source.
Puraclenz’s ultra-efficient catalyst design generates an unprecedented density of ions and uses UV lamps that produce no ozone emissions. The aerodynamic conical shape further increases ion generation by maximizing contact time with the reactive titanium dioxide surface.
This first-of-its-kind design is able to clean both indoor air and exposed surfaces, covering a large area with a low carbon footprint and low energy consumption.
Puraclenz’s proprietary next-gen catalyst design is protected by patents issued in the U.S., China, Japan, and Macau. Patents are pending in Canada, Europe, United Arab Emirates, India, and South Korea.
Puraclenz vs. Other Air Purification Solutions.
Most other solutions are passive devices that pull air from an indoor space into their puriﬁer, pass it through a ﬁlter or puriﬁcation technology, and then push the treated air back into the same indoor space. These systems only treat the air they pull into their device. They are usually much less energy efficient, require expensive ﬁlters to be changed regularly, and do not clean surfaces. Some of these systems also create ozone.
In contrast, Puraclenz dynamically deactivates pathogens mid-air and on exposed surfaces. Puraclenz cleans throughout a typical indoor space, reducing the chance that viruses reach other people or settle on surfaces.
Go Beyond Collecting Particles in a Filter.
A conventional HEPA system:
- Cleans air inefficiently by pulling particles through the air into its filter.
- Collects pathogens but does not destroy them.
- Works slowly, taking up to an hour to clean all of the air in a space. As a result, it may not catch pollutants before inhalation or settling on surfaces.
- Cleans only air, instead of both air and surfaces.
- Filters 99.97% of pathogens as small as 0.3 microns but doesn’t filter viruses and bacteria that are two to ten times smaller.
- Uses filters that need to be changed every 3-6 months, which is time consuming and expensive.
- Consumes a high amount of power to operate.
The efficacy tests were performed by Aerosol Research and Engineering Laboratories in Olathe, Kansas, an FDA compliant laboratory.
Laboratory Tests prove Puraclenz is effective against Coronavirus.
Independently conducted efficacy tests confirm that a Puraclenz P3000 unit is proven to be over 99% effective in reducing MS2 virus in the air in typical indoor settings. MS2 bacteriophage is a FDA recognized proxy virus of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
Puraclenz is certified safe to use.
All Puraclenz products are produced in an EPA-registered facility. More than 40 years of peer reviewed studies have been performed on PCO technology by third-party independent labs and universities to deactivate pathogens. Puraclenz models P750, P1500, and P3000 have received the following certifications:
1. Models P750, P1500 and P3000 have passed UL2998, Environmental Claim Validation Procedure (ECVP) for Zero Ozone Emissions from Air Cleaners.
2. Intertek ETL conforming to UL 507 safety standards.
3. CARB (California Air Resources Board), the gold standard for air purifier safety.
4. FCC compliance (CFR 47, FCC Part 15, Subpart B).
5. European Union Restriction on Hazardous Substances (ROHS) and California Proposition 65 – free from lead, mercury, cadmium, and phthalates.
* Reports are available upon request.